Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Raven Rock Ramble

This year I did the Raven Rock Ramble 100 mile bike ride for the second time. Last May, it was the first 100 miler that I'd ever done. Since then I've completed a number of 100 mile bike rikes including the Tarwheels Bikefest last August, the Bike MS double century in September, Cycle North Carolina in October and 100 miler club ride in November.

I was happy with how Raven Rock went this year. It continues to be a well organized event that is as much a social as it is a bike ride. It seems like all of the area cyclist that I know sign up for it. In that way, it reminds me of the Firecracker in July.

The main story that I will remember from this ride is Rest Stop 2. The rest stop was at a volunteer fire department and while we were there, apparently a call went out over the radio. No alarm sounded at the station. We were getting ready to leave when a pick up truck came speeding into the station, brakes screeching, driver started yelling, "Git! Now GIT! Don't you all know to GIT when the alarm goes off?!!!" As I said earlier, no alarm had gone off at the station.

Sandra, Lori and Larry

Group photo take at the last rest stop -- not far to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment