Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Busy Fourth

(imported from FB)
11:00pm Wednesday, Jul 4

I had a busy Fourth of July this year. Fun but busy!

I started the day with the annual Firecracker 100k bike ride. Over 1000 riders take part each year. This year I participated in the Firecracker for the fourth time. In 2004, I did the 50k as my first ever group ride. I rode in the 100k in 2005 as my first ever metric century and I did the 100k in 2006 and again this year. The route starts and ends in Cary, NC and heads south through Holly Springs towards Fuquay-Varina and the heads west along NC42 through Cornith towards Moncure. We go north around Jordan Lake, with its heavy holiday boat traffic and head back into Cary via the farm land in the Green Level area.

There some hilly sections, especially along NC 42, where I hit 41 mph on one of the downhills. Of course going up the other side was a lot slower!

In the afternoon, my parents came over, brining grandmother too. We had grilled chicken and a lot more vegetable matter than my dad would have liked! I think that everyone enjoyed the visit.

My mom brought over some treats for the girls. She made a special stop at Gourmutt’s Bakery to get fancy dog cookies for them. Hannah and Emma both appreciated it!

No comments:

Post a Comment