Sunday, February 24, 2008

Frostbite 100k

I participated in a bike ride called the Frostbite Tour yesterday. The temperature was decent -- in the 50s for most of the ride -- but when we started the ride there was a heavy mist which was with us for the first 30-40 miles. The sun didn't manage to break through until an hour or so after we finished! I rode most of the ride with a group that I've been doing shop rides with and we had a nice time. I also ran into a coworker several times during the ride! The route was nice and the organizers were really pleasant. I hope to make this an annual event!



So far this year, I covered a total of just over 690 miles on road bike. Last February I rode 37.5 miles. This February, I covered 411 miles. What a difference a year makes

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing accomplishment! I remember how disheartened you were about your initial recovery and progress. You're an inspiration, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me, Janyne! I'm glad things are going SO well this year.

    ReplyDelete