Sunday, February 17, 2008

Giant cookies! Oh my!

This weekend I tried out the Super Small Batch Extra Large Chunk Cookies posted in Cookie Madness. They were huge and very yummy! I've never made cookies before where cookies were one of the ingredients! I've never had Selma's cookies so I don't know how these compare but they were a hit at our house. I made them on Saturday afternoon when I got back from my regular bike ride and we ate them at the Carolina Hurricanes game on Saturday night.

I also tried Mark Bittman's Quick Whole Wheat and Molasses Bread posted in the New York Times' Bitten blog.

4 comments:

  1. While I'm not really tempted by the cookies, I'm drooling over that bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY, the cookies AND the bread look FABULOUS. And that Cookie Madness site is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to report that both the cookies and the bread held up well for as long as they were in the house. Next time I make the cookies -- and there will be a next time -- I will use more vanilla. I love the fact that it made four large cookies and not dozens.

    The bread was great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete