Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Grandma update, still in rehab

DH and I went and saw Grandma last night. She is still in the rehab facility recovering from her broken hip. She's had more bad days than good recently but we did manage to get her to smile a bit.

Grandma had complaints about the food -- cucumbers, pasta with asparagus, broccoli soup. She giggled when I pointed out the green theme and the fact that it was St. Patrick's Day.

She repeatedly said that one of the workers there was "flirting" with her. He brought in her evening snack of apple juice, graham crackers with peanut butter. Clearly flirting!

Of course she had nothing good to say about my aunt. My poor aunt can't do anything right. "She was going to call me every day but she didn't call..." We pointed out the time change but I doubt that it helped my aunt's case.

No comments:

Post a Comment