Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Meme -- tagged again

Steph has tagged me! I sort of saw it coming when Angela was tagged and she tagged Steph. I wasn't able to hide quickly enough though so I've brainstormed to come up with something worth writing about to write

The meme:

A meme is basically a list of things about me (hence the name). The stated subject is "6 UN-spectacular things about me."

And it comes with few rules, as follows:

1. Link the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
6. What? No rule number six? Who made this thing up? This is a meme of sixes!

Six Unspectacular Things About Me:
  1. I lick the bowl. I've been known to offer to bake things -- like, say, chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting -- because I want to lick the bowl. I don't even care about the finished product, I just want cleanup duty!
  2. I do drive stick. Just after I graduated from college, my Chevette died. Have you ever seen a car with an automatic transmission buck like a bucking bronco? It's not pretty. I looked at some used cars but it was not much more money for me to get a new Honda Civic hatchback (red, of course!) with a four speed manual transmission. I did not test drive the car because I did not drive stick. My dad taught me to drive stick on that car.
  3. One time, in band camp... (the rest of the quote, forgetaboutit) I used to be a band geek. I played the flute (except when I was a flag color guard member). When we moved from Iowa, were flutist played flute in marching band and marching bands marched at halftime and that was pretty much it -- to New Jersey where they thought a zillion flutes in a marching band sounded like a swarm of bees so most flutists were actually flags and marching bands competed, and oh yeah, marched at half time too. My New Jersey high school did have a band camp where we allegedly learned our fall routine. I can still remember parts of the flag routine for Rhapsody in Blue.
  4. I enjoy reading the boards on The Fool. The Motley Fool brings out my inner cheapskate
  5. I'm constantly surprised by the generosity of e-friends. People who I've met in person only briefly, if ever, have freely shared their knowledge and given support to me too many times to count. It's moving and it restores my faith in the kindness of humans. I feel fortunate to have met them.
  6. I miss the newspaper. Yes, it's old media but it makes me sad when I see our pathetic little paper these days. The fact that the publisher doesn't seem to realize that Charlotte is not local to Raleigh. To most people local indicates within a short distance. A quick look at Webster's seems to confirm this: "primarily serving the needs of a particular limited district." Charlotte is nearly a three hour drive from Raleigh -- about 175 miles. Not local.
Tagged:

1 comment: