Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hysterversary

Today is my hysterversary. One year ago, I had a total abdominal hysterectomy. I've spent a lot of time in the past year recovering from that -- GI problems, back problems, energy problems and so on. I'm very proud of myself for completing the Tour de Cure and MS150 bike rides despite all of the problems. I'm looking forward to a much better year.

I recently read a novel that mentioned and old wives tale that I had never heard before -- the grieving process takes one year and one day. You have to go through every birthday, holiday, and anniversary -- including the anniversary of the death -- one time before you are fully recovered. I choose to think that my body has been having it's own little pity party and that on Monday, it will be back to itself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment