Friday, December 21, 2007

Alumni conference call


I went Shippensburg University, a smallish state school in Pennsylvania. While I was in school, my family relocated to North Carolina and I joined them here when I graduated. Most of the people that I graduated with went back to places like Harrisburg, Lancaster, Philadelphia or Cherry Hill, NJ. A couple of years ago, the Shippensburg alumi association contacted me and a group of us went to a Carolina Hurricanes game. Last year, there was an event and just this week, they organized a conference call with us to discuss possible events for this year. I thought that was really neat. About a half dozen of us were on the call and we've been exchanging e-mails as well. It looks like we are going to get a tent at the Great Grapes festival in April. The university president is going to try to make it to both Raleigh and Charlotte for events.

Even more exciting than that, one of the other Shippensburg graduates heard me say something about "my training will be ramping up again at that time of year." He e-mailed me seperately and said that he is
"thinking -- so far, just thinking stage -- about doing a triathlon"

Ah, I know how that goes. I trained as if I was going to ride the MS150 for month or so before I actually bit the bullet and signed up for my first one. He's a goner.

I'm very excited to have made this connection with another Shippensburg person. How cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment