Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bike MS 2008: New Bern

In just under two months -- on September 13-14th, I will be riding 175 miles in the Bike MS: New Bern where I will be joining over 2,000 other cyclists in an event benefiting the Eastern North Carolina Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. This 2-day cycling event is a fund-raising effort supporting the the MS Society's mission to end the devastating effects of this chronic, often disabling, disease of the central nervous system.

I participate in the Bike MS because it is fun, that's true, but I truly was inspired by a friend of mine who was diagnosed with MS in about 2003. Cathy is very active and athletic and it really affected me when she started to have health issues. I was shocked when the diagnosis finally turned out to be MS. I've known other people with the disease but they were more Internet buddies or people that I knew in passing. Cathy is an agility friend who loves hiking with her dogs. She canoes with them and really would rather by hanging out in the woods with her canine crew than doing about anything else. I worry for her and with her and really do want to help support people with MS.

You can help by sponsoring my efforts. Each cyclist participating in Bike MS must raise a minimum of $200 to ride. My personal goal is to raise $1500. I want to make a difference in the fight against MS!

Sponsor me by going to http://www.nationalmssociety.org/goto/jmkizer.

Donations of every size are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated.

I hope I can count on you to help me reach my goal. I'll keep you updated on my training and let you know how my adventure turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment