Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Grandma is gone

My grandmother passed away early on Wednesday morning.

She was born in Italy, raised in Wisconsin and moved to Raleigh to be near my mother when my grandfather was ill. After 16 years in Raleigh, she moved to Atlanta this year. I am so sorry that she suffered at all. I am glad that she was not in the hospital for months and months. Even ten days was too long.

A memorial service is being held for her in Milwaukee on Monday. My grandfather held a position at St. Therese where the service will be held and both of my uncles were alter boys at that church.

I'm at a loss for words. I don't know what else to say.

The photo here was take in 2003. It's one of my favorite pictures of her.

Her obituary from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so very, very sorry. Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, J! I'm sending you hugs too. Your grandmother sounded like a great lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Janyne.... I know how hard this has been for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts. It's been a tough time for my family. Normal is never going to to be the same...

    ReplyDelete