Wednesday, July 2, 2008

WOR butterscotch bars

This year, DH participated in the Carolina Canoe Club's Week of Rivers (WOR) for the second year. For the second year, I stayed home. Seriously, for the non whitewater crowd, there are really no organized activities and I don't mind hanging out with Hannah and Emma. WOR is one of the main events planned by the canoe club and it involves camping and whitewater -- and I think beer too. They go on the Nantahala and the Tuck. It is always Fourth of July week. He went with a friend this year and they returned Wednesday after getting on the rivers Sunday through Wednesday. I hope to have him guest blog about it.

For the past two years, I have made butterscotch bars for DH to take on WOR.

Butterscotch Blondies

3/4 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 bag butterscotch chips (10 oz. bag, about 1 2/3 cups)
1 cup walnuts

Preheat oven to 350°.
Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
Beat butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Reserve butter wrapper.
Add eggs; beat well.
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, blending well.
Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts.
Spread into prepared pan. The batter will be very thick. I use the reserved butter wrapper to press the dough into the pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set. Leave them a little underdone since they will set up as they cool.
Cool completely in pan, cut and serve.

Yield: 36 bars

DH loves these blondies but I can't have them in the house with me they are so addictive!

Source: RecpeZaar

3 comments:

  1. They sound great, but I don't think they are on my diet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Janyne! These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MmmmmMmmmmmMMmmmm... I can understand why you can't be left alone in the house with them!

    ReplyDelete